This is a final year research project which applies the basic ideas of economics.
Principal Learning Outcomes
Subject knowledge and understanding: (i) understand how economists approach questions, in particular, how they construct hypotheses and use data to discriminate between alternate explanations for events or patterns.
The module will typically cover the following topics: research methods; guidance on choosing a topic, developing a research question, searching the literature, guide to economic data sources, overview of useful techniques for applied economic analysis.
- Core Module
- R1L4 - Year 4, R2L4 - Year 4, R3L4 - Year 4, R4L1 - Year 4
- Optional Module
- G300 - Year 4, G1G3 - Year 3, G1G3 - Year 4, GG14 - Year 3, G300 - Year 5, GG14 - Year 4, R9L1 - Year 4
- Part-year Availability for Visiting Students
- Not available on a part-year basis
- Assessment Method
- Coursework (100%)
- Coursework Details
- Assignment 1 (Literature Review and Project Outline) (10%), Assignment 2 (Final Project) (80%), Presentation 1 (10%)
- Exam Timing
Previous exam papers can be found in the University’s past papers archive. Please note that previous exam papers may not have operated under the same exam rubric or assessment weightings as those for the current academic year. The content of past papers may also be different.