This is an existing second year option module on the MRes Economics. In the current year students will choose five modules from a pool of eleven option modules. Students are also permitted to take up to two of their option modules from outside the department.
Principal Learning Outcomes
Have a good overview and a thorough understanding of Macroeconomics.
Develop a critical knowledge of recent research in some key areas of Macroeconomics.
Enable students to pursue their own research agenda in the field.
Illustrative topics include:
• Developments in computational macroeconomics, covering the key state of the art techniques to implement and solve macroeconomic models of any kind.
• Developments in growth theory, covering recent developments in issues that characterize the long run economic evolution as well as policy intervention with long run cycles.
• Developments in macro-labour, and developments in fiscal and monetary economics, both topics focusing on business cycle macro-economics and short and medium run labour market and financial frictions as well as policy interventions with short-run targets.
- Pre or Co-requisites
- Satisfactory completion of MRes year 1
- Assessment Method
- Coursework (100%)
- Coursework Details
- Review of Research Paper (50%) - Eligible for self-certification: Yes (Extension), Review of Research Paper (50%) - Eligible for self-certification: Yes (Extension) CATS:
- Exam Timing