The Welfare Effects of Bundling in Multichannel Television Markets
This paper (joint with Ali Yurukoglu) is forthcoming in the American Economic Review.
At an editor's request, the paper combines two papers previously circulated separately:
- "The Welfare Effects of Bundling in Multi-Channel Television Markets,'' (by Gregory Crawford and Ali Yurukoglu), January 2009.
- "Bundling and Vertical Relationships in Multi-Channel Television," (by Ali Yurukoglu), November 2008
Supplementary Materials for the paper include:
- The online appendix is here.
- Data and Matlab Code:
- Licensing restrictions prevent our sharing the actual data necessary to replicate the paper. We provide instead "Fake Data" in the same structure as the real data. The Matlab code will run on the fake data to produce results comparable in structure if not meaning as those in the paper.
- The readme file for the Fake Data and Matlab Code is here.
- The actual code and fake data are here. (6.3 MB)