- Demographic Shocks and Women's Labour Market Participation: Evidence from the 1918 Influenza Pandemic in India with James Fenske and Song Yuan, Revise & Resubmit Journal of Economic History
- Community Origins of Industrial Entrepreneurship in Colonial India (with Dilip Mookherjee, Kaivan Munshi and Mario Sanclemente)
- When did Japan Overtake India? Evidence from Cotton Mills with Tetsuji Okazaki (University of Tokyo)
Work in Progress:
- India and the Great Divergence: Through the lens of Market Integration with Stephen Broadberry (London School of Economics) and Johann Custodis
- Does Geography Determine Industrialization? Evidence from India with Paola Giuliano (UCLA) Nico Voigtlaender (UCLA) and Vasily Korovkin (CERGE-EI)
- Gender norms in South Asia with James Fenske and Cora Neumann (University of Warwick)
An Economic History of India: From the Mughal Empire to Modern Times, Contract signed with Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.