The British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship is a three year award made to an annual cohort of outstanding early career researchers in the humanities or social sciences.
The purpose of this award is to enable the award holder to pursue an independent research project, towards the completion of a significant piece of publishable research.
The competition for the Postdoctoral Fellowship is held in two stages. The Outline Stage is open for everyone within the eligibility criteria. The Second Stage is invitation only. You may only apply to this competition once, unless specifically invited to re-apply.
The Warwick Philosophy Department invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to support in the latest round of the scheme (opening 22 August). Due to intense researcher interest, this year the Department will consider expressions of interest prior to confirming the applicants to support in 2019. The procedure for obtaining departmental support will be as follows:
Expressions of interest in the scheme should be sent by email to Emily Hargreaves at E dot Hargreaves at Warwick dot ac dot uk. There is no deadline for submission, but expressions of interest received after 30 September 2019 will not normally be considered.
All expressions of interest should include the following:
A draft research proposal in Word (maximum 3 pages), including a short statement concerning the fit of the proposed project with the research of the department.
An academic CV
A forwarded email or a letter confirming support for your application from your chosen mentor in Warwick Philosophy Department (who must be a permanent member of staff).
All submissions which meet these requirements will be reviewed by the Department’s Research Committee with the Head of Department.
The assessment criteria will be:
- Research track-record of nominee
- Quality of proposed research to be conducted while at Warwick
- Fit with the mentor and the strength of their support
- Fit with broader aims of the competition.
5. Decisions will be reported back to applicants within 10 working days of submission at the latest.
6. Successful applicants will receive feedback and administrative support from the Department and University in the approach to the British Academy's Outline Stage deadline on 16 October 2019.
Queries about the scheme or process should be sent to Emily Hargreaves at E dot Hargreaves at Warwick dot ac dot uk.