Warwick is widely seen as a leading Philosophy Department, in both research and teaching.
We are particularly well-known for our support for diverse philosophical traditions, including both analytic and continental philosophy. We have particular strengths in:
- Philosophy of mind and epistemology
- Post-Kantian European philosophy
- Moral, political, and legal philosophy.
We also collaborate extensively with academics and practitioners in other subjects. We have long-standing collaborations with researchers and practitioners in psychology, medicine, computer science, mathematics, history, history of art, English and other modern European languages, sociology, politics, and law, for example.
Our teaching provision is dynamic, thanks to a research-led approach to teaching and course design, and often crosses subject boundaries. Our undergraduate and postgraduate aim to foster key philosophical skills in clear thinking, consistent argument, critical analysis, and creative problem-solving in theoretical and applied contexts.
At Warwick, you’ll find an inclusive staff and student community. We provide a vibrant and friendly environment where our students have dedicated support to explore their passion for philosophy.
- Philosophy Undergraduate Admissions: Dr David Bather Woods, UG Admissions Tutor: ugphiladmissions at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Philosophy Postgraduate Admissions: pgphilsec at warwick dot ac dot uk
- General enquiries: Clare Simpson, PA to the Head of Department: +44 (0)24 76150816 | Clare dot Simpson at warwick dot ac dot uk