Warwick Business School (WBS)
In 2022, Warwick Business School is launching a Graduate Development Programme for recent graduates who are interested in pursuing a career as a Web Developer. You will join a team who are leaders in the provision of academic IT services and innovative, tailored systems for teaching and business applications.
Warwick Business School’s vision is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School. Our staff, students, and alumni share a Change Maker mindset where fearlessness, determination and a forward-facing attitude is at the forefront of everything they do. This shared mindset is supported by our CORE values of Curiosity, Openness, Restlessness and Excellence, as well as our three-fold mission:
- To develop cutting-edge research that leads debate and deepens our understanding of the practice of business and management
- To provide a transformational learning experience, enabling our stakeholders to realise their full potential
- To work in partnership with policy and practice, both in terms of our research and teaching activities, to catalyse the impact of our work.
About The Applications Development Team
We are a professional, friendly, team producing high impact code in an agile manner and are looking to recruit graduate talent to help expand our team in the future. Development is focused on two main areas: our Management Information System and our Virtual Learning Environment, “my.wbs”. Both have been created solely in-house, with our VLE offering a bespoke, highly personalised experience for both faculty and students alike.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit top quality graduates who are passionate about technology and who will be able to assist our small team of in-house developers in every aspect. This is a hands-on programming role and will mean exposure to a wide range of varied and often cutting-edge technology stacks, as well as experience in the full project lifecycle: from scoping and requirements to prototyping, design and implementation.
What can we offer you?
Starting in September 2022, our Graduate Development Programme offers a clear, personal development plan set out over two years to provide you with the knowledge and technical skills you would need to pursue a career as a Web Developer.
- A tailored Personal Development Plan set out over two years, developed in conjunction with a learning mentor, encompassing:
- time set aside for study and upskilling
- custom training courses including a BCS User Experience Course
- project ownership
- exposure to different areas and teams with short placement opportunities within the Business School
- Work closely with skilled, IT professionals, to gain hands on experience in a high performing unit.
- The opportunity to develop working relationships with stakeholders across the School.
- The chance to build workplace confidence in a supportive environment.
- Enrolment on the WBS CORE development programme in 2023, which entails:
- A monthly themed workshop on different areas of WBS
- Career coaching
- Soft skill training such as presentation skills, interview skills and handling difficult conversations
- Support from a member of Senior Management Group and peers
This will equip you with a solid foundation and knowledge of WBS and provide you with opportunities to develop interpersonal and soft skills, ensuring that this programme helps you develop a well-rounded set of skills.
* Enrolment in Year 2 is dependent on Year 1 performance...
Pay and Reward
- A good, starting salary of £27,116 per annum
- 26 days, paid, annual leave, plus four customary days over Christmas and eight statutory Bank Holidays
- Membership of a pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
All applications to be submitted no later than Sunday, 5th June 2022.
Please provide a covering letter, your CV and email to: email@example.com
Please note the following:
- The Graduate Development Programme is only open to those who have recently graduated or are due to graduate in 2022.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK for the duration of the Programme.
- The technical test submission deadline will be Sunday, 26th June 2022
- The Assessment & Interview day will be Monday, 4th July 2022
Further details can be found here:Graduate Trainee Web Developer detailsLink opens in a new window