WRDS subscriptions are funded via the Finance Masters course at Warwick Business School. Only full-time WBS PG students and staff are eligible for accounts. Requests from staff or postgraduate students associated with the Economics department (e.g. MSc Economics) may be approved (please contact WBS for approval).
- Point your web browser to http://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu
- In the centre of the login screen click on the link entitled “Register for a WRDS account"
- Fill out the account request form. Please ensure you use your WBS usercode and email as your login details, if you have one or your university username and email if you are not in WBS.
- Select the appropriate kind of account
- Master’s students: ‘Masters’
- PHD students: 'PhD'
- Staff: ‘Faculty'
- If you are requesting a 'Masters Student' account, please use your Programme Director's details to complete the relevant faculty fields
- Click the box entitled ‘Register”
- Your request is then sent to the Warwick University WRDS Administrator for approval. This is part of our Authentication Process to ensure that no one outside the University of Warwick attempts to receive an account. If approved you will receive a message telling you how to log in to the WRDS service. If your request is denied then you will be told why.
1.2 Technical and Research Support
You can try searching the WRDS Frequently Asked Questions section which has over 10 years of questions and answers that have come directly from WRDS users. You will find an extensive range of additional support material via the 'Support' link towards the top right of the page after logging in at http://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu .
If you cannot find your answer on the FAQ page you can request support from WRDS' staff of technical and research specialists by logging in at http://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu and then selecting the 'Info / Support Request' link in the footer of the page.
Types of Accounts
Faculty: Faculty accounts are available to all standing faculty of member institutions. Standard accounts allow unlimited access via web, telnet, and/or FTP, and include 25 MB of permanent disk storage.
PhD: PhD accounts are available to all current Ph.D. candidates of member institutions. Standard accounts allow unlimited access via web, telnet, and/or FTP, and include 25 MB of permanent disk storage.
Masters: Masters accounts are available to all current Masters candidates of member institutions. Standard accounts allow unlimited access via web, telnet, and/or FTP, and include 25 MB of permanent disk storage.
Research: Research accounts are available to graduate and undergraduate students performing research for a faculty member. Research Accounts allow access via web, telnet, and/or FTP, and include 25 MB of permanent disk storage.
Library / Class: Primarily for students, Library / Class accounts may only be requested by standing faculty of member institutions. These accounts are used to access the WRDS web interface and do not include disk storage. These accounts expire at the end of the semester.