This voice recorder is ideal for personal uses such as recording interviews. It is not suitable for recording material that needs to be widely shared (such as on my.wbs). For this purpose please use an MP3 recorder instead.
You have borrowed the voice recorder from the Helpdesk and now wish to use it.
- Turn the recorder on (slide switch on the back of the device)
- Ensure the hold slide switch is not on (rear of the device)
- Press the folder button (front of the device) to choose a folder. The current folder is shown by the letter in the top of the display. Folders allow you to organise your recordings, making them easier to find later.
- Press REC to start recording (the recording lamp turns red)
- To pause the recording press REC again, recording is resumed by pressing the REC button once more
- Press STOP to finish recording
To play back
- Press the FOLDER button to select the correct folder
- Press FF or REW to choose the file you want to play
- Press PLAY to start playback
- Press VOL (+) or VOL (-) to select the volume
You can change the quality that the device will record at. The higher the quality the shorter the recording time that is possible as shown in the following table:
<<ST>> HQ Mode
Approx. 4 hours 20 min
Approx. 8 hours 50 min
Approx. 17 hours 25 min
Approx 54 hours 50 min
To change the mode:
- Turn on the device
- Hold the MENU button for more than one second. The display changes to ‘MENU’
- Use FF and REW to navigate the menu until you see the MODE option.
- Press PLAY to select the MODE option
- Use FF and REW to change the recording mode
- Press STOP when you have selected your recording mode
Copying the files to your computer
- Ensure the device is turned off
- Separate the silver battery compartment from the black recorder to reveal the USB connection (will probably need showing the first time)
- Insert the device into a spare USB port on your computer
- Move the recorded files to your computer. They can be played in Windows Media Player.
Please contact the Helpdesk (email@example.com or Tel 22522) if you have any problems, questions or comments