The PhD Education Exchange, funded by the Monash Warwick Alliance, creates the opportunity for a small cohort of HDR students (four from each University) to:
- experience professional development in international undergraduate education
- support the delivery of International Conference of Undergraduate ResearchLink opens in a new window (ICUR) through assistance to be provided by the four PhDs at each site as directed by those running the ICUR at Warwick and at Monash
- learn about supporting key educational administrative activities and understand the pedagogical drivers behind these programs through observation and support of ICUR
- receive professional development focused on these skills, that will be led and delivered by Professor Dan Branch (WDC) and Professor JaneMaree Maher (Monash) with advice sought from WIHEA and MEA on existing modules and best approaches
Applicants will be interested in understanding best practice education practice to support undergraduate research; pedagogically engaged and keen to understand the administrative and structural supports needed for innovative pedagogy. They will work under the direction of the teams leading ICUR at Warwick and Monash. Tasks may include:
- supporting undergraduate students to develop and refine research ideas
- administrative support for the conference events
- review of abstracts
- a range of other activities as directed
The successful applicants will be provided with a travel/accommodation bursary of £2500/ AUD$5000. The funding will be transferred to the successful applicants directly in the form of reimbursement.
Successful applicants will be notified by early March 2024.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be currently enrolled as a PGR at the University of Warwick
- be progressing in their research satisfactorily
- have the support of their supervisor.
Applications will be submitted via this form by 16th February 2024. Selection will be based on:
- academic merit of the applicant and their progress to date
- quality of the applicant’s statement about their pedagogical philosophy
- strength of supervisor support
Timeline: February 2024 – early July 2024
Indicative Travel: June/July 2024