Find out how the University will contact you in the rare event of an emergency or urgent issues affecting staff and student safety on campus or in the local area, and download the MyWarwick app to receive alerts to your mobile phone.
Through your department
Heads of Department and departmental administrators will receive notifications via email/phone where relevant to their departments to share information with their teams and students via local routes.
Via social media and online
- Social media: Follow us @warwickuni and @warwickinsite (for staff). You’ll be connected in real time on any major issues. Whilst rare for emergency incidents to occur out of office hours, you may find it more practical to follow us on social media to receive alerts instead of needing to check emails or other work channels when you're not working.
- Online: we’ll publish updates and fuller guidance on incidents on insite and MyWarwick.
Via the MyWarwick app
We recommend you also download the MyWarwick app to receive emergency alerts to your mobile phone. Whilst rare for incidents to occur out of office hours, you may find it more practical to use the app to receive alerts instead of needing to check emails or other work channels when you're not working.
What is the app?
- It is primarily a student service channel that brings together key information like teaching timetables and coursework deadlines. Both students and staff can also use it to check emails, view the campus map, get bus times, see a weather forecast, receive alerts on news and emergencies, and more.
- You can choose the information you want to see and any notifications you want to receive.
- You will automatically receive alerts on urgent news and emergencies.
How do I get it?
- Download the app for free from the Google Play store or the Apple App store.
- It's also accessible on your desktop when you're logged in on a University pc - click your name in the top right of any Warwick web page.
Contacting us in an emergency
If you need urgent support on campus, contact Campus Security on ext. 22222 or 024 7652 2222.
The team will liaise directly with emergency services as required.