In 2019, the University of Warwick collaborated with The Alan Turing Institute to bring DSSG to the UK as an affiliate programme of the DSSG Foundation’s core summer Fellowship at Carnegie Mellon University. It ran in 2019 at the University of Warwick and Imperial College London.
The DSSGx 2019 Projects
Details of all the DSSGx 2019 projects can be found here.
- Ofsted - Risk assessing foster homes
- Homeless Link– Prioritising alerts
- Cochrane - Keeping up to date with new research
- West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) - Mapping Inequality of Transport
- DNCP - Anomalies’ detection in Public Procurement Processes
"Becoming a project partner with DSSG presented us with a unique and exciting opportunity to analyse our StreetLink data and develop models to improve our systems - and ultimately provide better outcomes for people sleeping rough."
Gareth Thomas, Senior Information Manager, Homeless Link
"The professionalism and expertise of the team working on Ofsted’s project was impressive. Their dedication, not only to deliver a high quality solution, but also to understand how Ofsted works was vital to make the project a success."
James Bowsher-Murray, Head of Early Years and Social Care - Data and Insight, Ofsted