This page contains all the latest news from the MI Talent team.
Funding Technical Staff in Research – An explainer document for research teams
In a bid to strengthen the technical workforce to create future opportunities for technicians in higher education and research, a new resource has been published by TALENT, the Technician Commitment and URKI. Funding Technical Staff in Research provides clarification around the variety of funding routes and mechanisms within the research and innovation sector and insights that will support planning and funding for technical roles.
Download the document here
Registrations Open For Technician Summit
Higher Education Technician Summit (HETS), which celebrates the success and achievements of technicians in higher education and research, returns in November 2021.
Date: 10 November 2021
Time: 09:00 – 16:30
Location: East Midlands Conference Centre at the University of Nottingham
- Fran Scott, Engineering Presenter and Pyrotechnician
- Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser Chief Executive of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) (via video)
- Professor Andy Long Provost Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham
Several workshops will be delivered on a range of topics and the acclaimed Papin Prizes will be presented to technicians across nine categories. The full agenda will be published in due course. Technicians of all levels and disciplines are invited to register here: https://hets2021.eventbrite.co.uk
Please note: A coach has been organised to take Technicians to the event from Warwick University coach park at 8.15am. To reserve a seat on the coach, please click here: HETS coach sign up
New Autumn 2021 Technician Training Programme
New tailor-made training courses for Midlands Innovation technicians are available to book now. New courses include:
- Introduction to Valuing Diversity and Increasing Inclusivity
- Introduction to Project Management for Technicians
- Establishing a Technical Project – Scope, Vision, Charters
- Forming a Project Team and Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Delegation and Different Types of Project Management Styles