How does the UK invest in its cultural life?
The first Commissioner Day took place on 23 January 2014 at the Design Council
Commissioners Tony Ageh, Sir Peter Bazalgette, Damon Buffini, Deborah Bull, Roly Keating, Jenny Sealey and James Yarker attended, alongside Chairman Vikki Heywood, Chris Bilton from the Warwick Academic Reference Group and the Commission team, to hear select-committee style evidence from the following speakers:
- Julian Bird – Chair, Drama UK; Chief Executive, Society of London Theatre and Theatre Management Association
- Dame Tessa Jowell DBE – MP, Dulwich and West Norwood; previously Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
- William Perrin – Advisor, Government Digital Advisory Board; Director, Tinder Foundation
- Cllr Flick Rea – Councillor, Fortune Green Ward; Chair, Board of Culture, Tourism and Sport, Local Government Association
- Richard Russell – Director of Policy and Research, Arts Council England
- Prof. Sara Selwood – Independent Cultural Analyst; Honorary Professor, Institute of Archaeology, University College London
The outline for the Commissioner Day with bios of participants is available here, in pdf format.
For a complete bibliography designed to introduce the area, click here.