Students may feel constrained to contribute via a forum if their posts are not anonymised
- Moodle forums do not allow for anonymous posting
Padlet is an online noticeboard that has the option to have non-attributable 'posts' added.
This empowers students who might not otherwise engage due to concerns about privacy, to add their own feedback, suggestions, and ideas.
Padlets can be embedded into Moodle.
Warwick has its own Padlet at https://warwick.padlet.comLink opens in a new window
Follow the process below which describes each step and provides links to our guides , associated recipes and other online help . For further assistance or more information use the 'Get Help' button above.
About this recipe
Tool(s) used: Padlet
Assessment method(s): GroupworkLink opens in a new window
Categories:Get feedback from students
Enhancement goals:Inclusive teaching
We rate this recipe as easy and quick to complete. It is a practical recipe with a documented end to end process.
- Setup your Padlet account. Login at https://warwick.padlet.com by clicking on the Login using Microsoft button and putting in your University of Warwick details - this will redirect you to the Warwick Single Sign-on page.
- Create your PadletLink opens in a new window by clicking on the Make a Padlet button.
- Embed your Padlet into Moodle Link opens in a new window Follow the instructions on the guide to use the embed code for your PadletLink opens in a new window.
- Enable moderation following the How to Activate Post Moderation guide.Link opens in a new window If you need help moderating posts and want to add another moderator, find out more in the Add a moderator guideLink opens in a new window.
- Remind your students of the key elements of the Warwick ValuesLink opens in a new window and how these relate to online communication.