Help & Support
The Academic Technology team provides more than training and technical support - although of course we do that too. We work with you to develop your online teaching and learning practice, design and deliver online assessment and surveys, create research visualisations and more. We recommend taking a look at some of the projects we have worked on to see the scope of what and how we can help you, or get in touch to discuss your needs with us.
Academic Technology Key Resources
For more guidance, please see Teaching, Learning and Assessment Continuity and Pedagogical support from ADC
Contact the Help Desk for support via email to helpdesk at warwick dot ac dot uk or use the “Contact us via the online Help Desk” button above. Whether you want help using one of our tools, setting up an online exam, or developing a new and innovative module using academic technology, one of our team will be on hand to help.
We can provide one-to-one support (and training) via Teams. Contact us via the Help Desk and request a session.
We support departments with migration from SiteBuilder to Moodle, creation of department module templates, bespoke training, navigating the changing pedagogic environment and identifying affordances of existing and new tools.
Learning Design Consultancy Unit
The Learning Design Consultancy Unit (LDCU) can advise departments on effective design for online and blended modules.
- Browse the Student Guides
- Introduction to Moodle
- Introduction to Mahara
- Introduction to Vevox
- Access lecture captures online
- Submit online assignments via Moodle
- Capture and edit video
- Store and share videos using eStream and Stream
- Copy a portfolio template in Mahara
- Join an online meeting in O365 Teams
- Help Guides that include student-facing information
- Browse all the Echo360 guides
- Introduction to Lecture Capture using Echo360
- 3 steps to start capturing
- Echo360 Integration with Moodle
- Accessing Captures as a student (inc. WBS)
- Universal Capture FAQs
- Introduction to Universal Capture using Echo360
- How to install on a managed PC
- How to install on an unmanaged PC or Mac
- Echo360 Automated Transcripts and Closed Captions
Superuser Community on TeamsLink opens in a new window
If you're an Academic Technology departmental representative, join our community on TeamsLink opens in a new window.
The Academic Technology Super User GuideLink opens in a new window is also a great starting point for information about managing digital learning tools at Warwick.
The Academic Technology team provide both synchronous (live) training sessions and self-study courses which can be studied at your own pace. Our current offering covers the most commonly-used academic technologies at Warwick: Moodle, H5P, Vevox and Mahara.