You should return your keys in person to Warwick Accommodation and we must receive them before or on the last day of your tenancy. If you leave the property early and are not planning on returning, please return your keys to Warwick Accommodation. Failure to return your keys by this date will incur a charge of up to £50.00.
Tenants are advised that they should notify relatives, friends, business contacts etc. that they will be leaving the property, and inform them of the addresses to which all correspondence should be sent towards the end of the tenancy. Warwick Accommodation will in no way be responsible for collection and forwarding of mail and it will not be possible to allow access to previous tenants over the summer vacation. Any post received following your vacation will be returned to sender.
The Post Office operate a very useful scheme for redirecting mail at a low cost. Tenants wishing to have mail redirected should use this scheme and are advised to inform the Post Office as early as possible of your new address.
In order to avoid incurring charges after you reach the end of your tenancy, please ensure that:
- All keys, key fobs and brass discs belonging to the property are returned to Warwick Accommodation upon vacating the property
- The house is clean throughout with all personal items removed, as advised to you in the end of tenancy notes. Please also remove and return any internet equipment (routers etc) that may have been sent to you by your internet provider
- You have notified the utility companies that you are leaving and have provided final readings for gas, electricity and water (if a water meter is fitted) and a forwarding address for bills if required. You should also inform the utility companies that the property will be empty until the new tenancy starts. You should also cancel any internet package that you have set up
- There is no deterioration of the house beyond ‘fair wear and tear’. You will be charged for any deterioration caused by neglect or malicious damage
The main reasons for incurring a charge are:-
- Damage has occurred to the property, its fixtures, fittings or furnishings
- Failure to return all keys on time at the end of the tenancy
- The property has not been adequately cleaned or rubbish has been left in the property, which has had to be removed
- Excess rubbish has been left outside the front or rear of the property which has to be removed or where rubbish has been incorrectly disposed of (for example, putting non-recyclable waste in a recycling/garden waste bin)
- The University is entitled to remove and dispose of any items left in the property by the Student(s) at the end of the Period of Residence and shall not be obliged to return any of the items to the Student(s)
- You will be given a copy of our end of tenancy notes towards the end of your tenancy and a copy of these notes can be found in Warwick MyFiles
Following the end of tenancy inspection being carried out by your Property Manager, charges may be allocated to your student account. Charges will be applied within 120 days of the date of the end of tenancy and you will be notified by email of this. If a tenant feels that a charge has been made unfairly they should write to their Property Manager within 20 working days of receiving notification of this.