Blue badge holders
Registered Disabled Blue Badge holders have the same rights on the University campus as they have on the public highway.
Parking on campus is free for blue badge holders and there are disabled spaces near all buildings on campus. Some disabled bays are behind a barrier or ANPR cameras. If you require regular access to one of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a member of salaried staff currently experiencing difficulties with campus car parking on medical or disability grounds, you may be considered for a temporary special arrangement. To discuss this further, you'll need a referal from your manager or HR to Occupational Health Services.
Consideration will be given under the following circumstances if you can provide appropriate medical or other supporting evidence of your medical condition or disability for temporary support with parking:
- That you are waiting for an assessment for a blue badge. Information about applying for a Blue Badge is available on the Citizens Advice website.
- That although you meet the criteria for a Blue Badge, your condition is not long term and you would not qualify for a blue badge.
- That your condition fluctuates and you only require temporary access to disabled parking when there is a flare up.
Consideration will not be given based on ability to carry items if there is no other underlying health reason which prevents you from making use of arrangements such as:
- The drop off points near buildings to load unload your vehicle.
- Use of a trolley or wheeled case to carrying/move items around.
If you are a student in the process of applying for a blue badge and you are currently experiencing difficulties with campus car parking on disability grounds, please email studentparking at warwick dot ac dot uk to discuss alternative temporary options. You will be required to submit evidence of your blue badge application and date of assessment. Please note that any arrangements made will only be temporary until the outcome of your blue badge application has been determined.
If you are unable to use a pay and display machine or a flexi-pay scratch card as a result of having a long term condition/disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 (financial factors excluded), see the Support with Student Parking pages.