Ordinance on Parking and Traffic in the University
(1) The University shall regulate access to its premises, which is private land, for motor and other vehicles, traffic on University premises, and parking on the University premises.
(2) Any person using a motor or other vehicle on University premises shall there observe all provisions of the law relating to drivers on public roads and shall ensure that such use is covered by their insurance policy. They shall observe any speed limits, signs or other restrictions laid down by the University and shall obey the directions of the University’s duly authorised staff.
(3) Any person using or parking a motor or other vehicle on University premises does so entirely at their own risk whether to themselves, their passengers, the vehicle or its contents, third persons or third party property of any kind whatsoever.
(4) Members and employees of, and visitors to, the University shall observe this Ordinance, the Regulations on Parking and Traffic and any Rules made pursuant thereto from time to time. The University may charge any member, employee or visitor who contravenes the Ordinance, Regulations and any such Rules, and may move any vehicle in contravention of the same.
(5) Any member or employee who contravenes this Ordinance, or the Regulations on Parking and Traffic or any Rules made pursuant thereto from time to time shall be liable, in addition to any parking notices charges payable, to reimburse the University for any costs incurred by the University in tracing the owner of the vehicle.
(6) The University shall also have the right to prohibit any member or employee of, or visitor to, the University from bringing a motor or other vehicle on to University premises.
(7) Parking charges and parking notice charges shall be determined by the Finance and General Purposes Committee from time to time.
(8) There shall be a procedure for appealing against parking notice charges or prohibition of a motor or other vehicle from University premises, which shall be as laid down by the Finance and General Purposes Committee.