Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19 the 2021/22 scheme will be limited to:
- Supporting colleagues who are already enrolled on a part-time Warwick Learning Account funded degree
- Supporting colleagues who have completed a recognised Gateway course in 2021 and are due to start a new part-time undergraduate degree course in 2021/22, as listed below
- WLA is not available to support colleagues who already have an existing degree qualification
The Warwick Learning Account scheme in 2021/22 will not be supporting any short courses provided by:
- Centre for Lifelong Learning (CLL)
- Language Centre
- Warwick Arts Centre
- Warwick Sport
Applications are now open for WLA funding for 2021-22 for the following part-time degrees:
- Early Childhood (foundation degree)
- Early Childhood (BA (Hons) top-up)
- BA (Hons) Counselling and the Psychotherapeutic Relationship*
- BA (Hons) Classics
- BA (Hons) English and Cultural Studies
- BA (Hons) French Studies
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Policy
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) Social Studies
*The ‘gateway’ route to the BA in Counselling is the 10 credit Introduction to Counselling course, which is self-funded.
Am I entitled to a WLA?
If you have an employment contract issued by University of Warwick HR and are paid from the standard salaries monthly payroll you are entitled to a Warwick Learning Account.
Please note, you are not entitled to Warwick Learning Account vouchers if you are:
- on the Sessional Teaching Payroll (STP) or Variable Payroll (VAM)
- a temporary worker (e.g. Third party contract worker, Unitemps employee, external business' staff)
- a visiting academic
- a PG (research/taught) student
Are you eligible for a Warwick Learning Account?
If you have an employment contract issued by HR and are paid from the standard salaries monthly payroll you are entitled to a Warwick Learning Account, in line with the scheme limitations for 2021/22 as outlined above.
The amount of your allowance depends upon the percentage of a full-time equivalent contract you work, as follows:
Part-time Degree Allowance
(for colleagues without an existing degree qualification)
Up to 30% FTE
Funding up to 30 CATS of study to a maximum of £1,540
31% to 60% FTE
Funding up to 60 CATS of study to a maximum of £3,080
61% to 100% FTE
For staff who are joining or leaving part-way through the year, the funding allowance will be pro-rata using your contract start and end dates.
Part-time staff who were previously in receipt of a full allowance as per the table above and have already embarked upon a Part-time Degree will continue to receive the full allowance until they complete their degree.
Staff who are on a career break will not be entitled to funding for the duration of their break. If a member of staff returns from a career break part-way through a financial year they will be entitled to a pro-rata allowance.
If you have any queries about the Warwick Learning Account, please email wla at warwick dot ac dot uk.