Important update - April 2021.
Due to the ongoing impact of Covid-19, the 2021/22 scheme will be limited to:
- Supporting colleagues who are already enrolled on a part-time Warwick Learning Account funded degree
- Supporting colleagues who are already on a recognised Gateway course in 2021 to start a new part-time undergraduate degree course in 2021/22, as listed below
- WLA is not available to support colleagues who already have an existing degree qualification
- Early Childhood (foundation degree)
- Early Childhood (BA (Hons) top-up)
- BA (Hons) Counselling and the Psychotherapeutic Relationship
- BA (Hons) Classics
- BA (Hons) English and Cultural Studies
- BA (Hons) French Studies
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Policy
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) Social Studies
The Warwick Learning Account scheme in 2021/22 will not be supporting any courses provided by:
The Language Centre
Warwick Arts Centre
Short courses provided by the Centre for Lifelong Learning. Part time degree courses as indicated above are eligible for funding for those who have completed the appropriate Gateway course. (The ‘gateway’ route to the BA in Counselling is the 10 credit Introduction to Counselling course which is self-funded).
Am I entitled to a WLA?
If you have an employment contract issued by University of Warwick HR and are paid from the standard salaries monthly payroll you are entitled to a Warwick Learning Account.
Please note, you are not entitled to Warwick Learning Account vouchers if you are:
- on the Sessional Teaching Payroll (STP) or Variable Payroll (VAM)
- a temporary worker (e.g. Third party contract worker, Unitemps employee, external business' staff)
- a visiting academic
- a PG (research/taught) student
Are you eligible for a Warwick Learning Account?
If you have an employment contract issued by HR and are paid from the standard salaries monthly payroll you are entitled to a Warwick Learning Account, in line with the scheme limitations for 2021/22 as outlined above.
The amount of your allowance depends upon the percentage of a full-time equivalent contract you work, as follows:
Part-time Degree Allowance
(for colleagues without an existing degree qualification)
Up to 30% FTE
Funding up to 30 CATS of study to a maximum of £1,540
31% to 60% FTE
Funding up to 60 CATS of study to a maximum of £3,080
61% to 100% FTE
For staff who are joining or leaving part-way through the year, the voucher allowance will be pro-rata using your contract start and end dates.
Part-time staff who were previously in receipt of a full allowance and have already embarked upon a Part-time Degree will continue to receive the full allowance until they complete their degree.
Staff who are on a career break will not be entitled to vouchers for the duration of their break. If a member of staff returns from a career break part-way through a financial year they will be entitled to a pro-rata allowance.
If you have any queries about the Warwick Learning Account, please email wla at warwick dot ac dot uk.