Proposed For Future
Secondary cups server - Deployment and configuration
An additional CUPS server to supplement purslane will be commisioned, residing behind a load balancing alias, to provide increased performance, capacity and resilience.
This server will ensure the removal of the current single point of failure.
- Description: Deployment of a secondary CUPS server held within a solaris zone.
- Justification: Eliminate a current single point of failure and provide increased performance, capacity and resilience.
- Estimated Timescale: 2 Months
- Estimated Effort: Medium (commision of server and configuration of printer queues will be time consuming rather than complex)
- Estimated Cost: 3 FTE Days