The main customer responsibilities for Unix and Linux Printing are covered within the Regulations governing the use of University Computing Facilities .
In addition to these:
Customers are asked to ensure that where possible:
- Direct IP printing to the IP address of the device is not utilised. This can interfere with the normal operation of the print queue
- Toner cartridges and toner collection waste bottles are replaced as needed
- No modifications are made to the configuration of the units via the main control panel
- Waste paper is placed in recycling bins when/where possible
- Support documentation, installation guides and FAQs are consulted where appropriate prior to the logging of any incidents or service requests