You can use Files.Warwick to send an invitation to download a file or whole folder from your file space. Recipients can be:
- any Warwick member, including those with external usercodes
- a web group
- any email address, including external emails
Warwick members are prompted to sign in before they can download the file. So, you can be sure only that individual can access the file. When you send an invitation, the recipient receives an email notification containing a link to download the file or folder:
Jane Doe has sent you a file. You can download the file from here:
This file will be available to download as many times as you like for 7 days (expires 15/12/16 11:12)
Message from Jane Doe:
Here is the presentation you asked me to forward to you.
Note: The recipient has seven days to download the file via the link, after which the link expires. After this, the recipient can still access the file if they have a Files.Warwick file space.
- To send a file to someone you first need to upload the file to Files.Warwick.
- Browse to the file space containing the file you wish to send.
Select the checkbox next to the file you wish to send:
- To send an entire folder, select the folder name at the left-hand side. (You don't need to select any checkboxes for the files within that folder.)
- Select Send in the menu bar.
In the Send window, use the radio buttons to specify whether the recipient is a person at the University, a web group or an external email address:
- A Warwick person – type several letters of their name to see suggested matches, then select the person from the list. The name and email address are then added to the Recipients list.
- Web group – type several letters of the group name, then choose the group from the list of matches.
- Email address – type the email address in the box.
- If necessary, repeat step 6 to add more recipients.
- Optionally, add a message to the recipients.
- If you wish to know when a recipient downloads the file, select the checkbox Email me when downloaded.
- Select the Send button. You'll see a confirmation message; follow the link in the message to track files you have sent to others and whether they have downloaded the files.