Thank you to everyone who has completed all their Security and Information Management training modules. If you still have some courses outstanding, please make sure you do them before the Christmas break...
A reminder to complete your SIM training before the Christmas break
If you have completed all nine SIM training modules, thank you - we have now achieved a 72% average module completion rate across the University. As teaching is drawing to a close at the end of this week, we have a window of time for everyone to complete this training round before Christmas.
SIM training is important: it strengthens our understanding and supports good, safe working practices across the University. It is necessary for the University to meet its regulatory and legal obligations - and it's mandatory.
Completion of the training is a straightforward process - many of the Standard modules take less than 10 minutes to do... The full list of modules is below and you access them directly from these links.
We have completed the development of a Training Essentials app that provides a personalised email summary of an individual's training record - it will be deployed progressively across the University over the next two weeks. It will extract data directly from Moodle to provide an automatic email reminder to staff of any SIM training courses that need to be completed within the next 30 days. Once fully deployed, you will be able to access your own training record by opening the app on this link: Training Essentials (warwick.ac.uk)
In the meantime, if you are unsure if you’ve completed a particular module, please follow the link to each course below to check for a completion message on the module page. The completion message is:
“Our records indicate you have successfully completed this course within the last 365 days."
If the module does not show this completion message, please take the course as soon as possible. Please ensure you complete the quiz at the end of each course to confirm your understanding and achieve course completion on Moodle.
Foundation Training modules:
Standard Training modules:
For more information, check these additional resources:
- See the Organisation Development Essential Induction Training web pages here
- Check the Training Records FAQs here.
- For further help on running a report in SuccessFactors, please raise a ticket in AskHR using the service category of ‘HR Reports/MI’ and the incident category of ‘SuccessFactors report issue’.
- If you have any queries about the data that your report output is displaying, please raise a ticket in AskHR with a service category of ‘Learning and Development’ and an incident category of ‘Learning Reports’.
- For technical, device, display or running issues, please contact the Helpdesk
We are noting all users comments and feedback on issues of content and functionality and will feed these into an improvement project to provide better training material in the future.
Security & Information Management is Everyone's Responsibility
All staff are required to take SIM training that is relevant and appropriate to the kind of work they undertake:
- Foundation Training: the two ‘Information Security Essentials’ and ‘GDPR Training’ modules must be completed at induction and refreshed annually by all staff who work at the University, without exception.
- Standard Training: in addition, all staff who predominantly complete their University work on a computer and regularly handle electronic communications, must also complete the 7 Standard Training modules listed above, at induction and refresh them annually thereafter. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Help and support
If you think you detect any unusual online activity, please report it immediately.
Who needs to know this?
This information concerns us all. If you use a Warwick staff card, a Warwick email address, access one of our staff or student record systems or share your Warwick work with colleagues within or beyond the University, you are involved in activities that must be kept secure.
Data Protection Officerdpo@warwick.ac.uk
The University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 8UW