Sign up on the link below.
Opportunities for staff to get involved.
Through our partnership with the EY Foundation, we work closely to onboard 20 young people across the two programmes
per academic year.
During 2023, the programmes will run February - June, with some elements running concurrently - this requires many volunteers!
Do you think you would like to support these young people in our next programme?
We will be holding an information session on Wednesday 16th November 2022, on campus, 13:00 - 15:00hrs where you can hear more about these opportunities, if you would like to attend and/or sign up to volunteer please fill in this short formLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window.
Volunteering on these programmes is both impactful and rewarding, you really get to know the young people, watch them grow and become the role models they need to take the next step, whether that be into further education, apprenticeships, internships or employment.
We require a number of volunteers to fulfil all elements of the programme:
- Insight speakers - share your career journey, any challenges/barriers you faced and overcome, top tips!
- Mock interview panellists - join us to hold informal mock interviews, this is a great experience for the young people.
- Dragons Den Challenge Panellist - Be part of an exciting panel to judge the young people on their Dragons Den proposal!
- Mentors - Can you commit to one hour a month for ten months to mentor the young people after the programme finishes, you will be required to:
- Complete NSPCC Training (online)
- Complete enhanced DBS check
- Attend EY Foundation 2-hour training session
- 2-hour Celebration Event (optional)
- Deliver 10 x 1 hour monthly mentoring sessions (preferred approach face-to-face)
- Business Hosts - we are looking for a number of Warwick departments to host young people on a short business experience. This role is to provide a supportive, welcoming environment to give a young person meaningful exposure to the world of work. As a Business Experience Host, you will be the young person’s main point of contact across their placement and will assign tasks, set a business challenge/case study/research project relevant to your organisation; organise introductions to a range of your colleagues in different teams and provide them with constructive feedback across their placement. you will need to complete required training and complete an enhanced DBS check.
We will be holding an information session on Wednesday 16th November 2022, on campus, 13:00 - 15:00hrs where you can hear more about these opportunities, if you would like to attend and/or sign up to volunteer please fill in this short formLink opens in a new window.