Capital Equipment Bids is an opportunity for University of Warwick clubs to apply for funding towards equipment to enhance the sporting experience of their members. This grant is a 'one-off’ contribution to support clubs in purchasing equipment that would otherwise be unobtainable and will contribute to the development targets of the club. Please consider the guidelines below before applying and note this fund may not open every year.
Applications must be targeted on either 1) one specific piece of equipment or 2) a group of linked equipment. In both cases the club must justify what benefits the equipment will bring to the club, both through the application form and their submitted club development plan. Where possible these benefits should be quantifiable in terms of participation, competition or impact on student experience. All capital equipment bids must include an appropriate plan for storage.
Please note that funding decisions are at the discretion of the club development group and not all applicants will receive the funding they have applied for. In some cases clubs may be awarded a partial grant where appropriate.
Grants will not be awarded in the following circumstances:-
- Club does not have a club development plan in place
- Proposed equipment is not included within the clubs development plan
- Equipment bid is submitted based on current equipment being lost
- Club does not have an appropriate plan in place for storage
- Retrospectively in any circumstances
How do I apply?
You can apply online. Applications will only be accepted if made on the appropriate form in accordance with the stated regulations and if all relevant information has been supplied. Once you have applied you will receive a confirmation email with full details of your application.
Deadlines and Responses
Please be aware when submitting your application that all approved equipment must be ordered by the end of June 2018. Once approved equipment will be purchased directly by Warwick SU on behalf of the successful club. Applications can be submitted any time between the opening and closing date but are limited to one per club. Applications should be submitted, at the latest, by 17:00 on Friday 18 May 2018. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that forms are submitted in good time.
Closing Date (17:00 Deadline)
|Monday 7 May 2018
|Friday 18 May 2018
Clubs will be notified if they have been successful or not within a month of the closing date; unless extra information to support your application is requested.
There is no maximum amount that a club can bid for but applicants are strongly encouraged to apply only for the minimum level of funding they need as funding decisions will be made based on return on investment. Applications where clubs or members are willing to contribute some funding will be considered favourably. The total bid should not exceed the total expenditure costs MINUS the total of any known contributions to the equipment including existing budget allocation, fundraising initiatives, other funding applications and personal contributions (please indicate contribution per head as well as the total of all personal contributions). Only applications which show evidence of diligent planning and preparation will be considered. Funding will be spent directly by Warwick SU on behalf of the successful club.
Successful applicants will be asked to sign an agreement and will be responsible for ensuring that the following conditions are adhered to:
- Funding awarded will be used only for the purpose stated
- Funding awarded will be spent directly by Warwick SU on behalf of the successful club
- If the initial budget (as detailed in the application) for the equipment changes, the club will inform the Club Development Officer in writing immediately. Please note this includes changes to both income and expenditure of the project.
- The club will provide a report (using the report form page) no later than one month after the project ends to include a detailed breakdown of the total costs of the project and other sources of funding, including personal contributions. This report will also include copies of all receipts relating to expenditure for the project.