5k to 10k
A running course designed to gradually work you up to running 10k in 8 weeks.
- Available to anyone able to comfortably run a continuous 5k.
- Progress through distances from 5k-10k
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Two running specific sessions with Warwick Sport's Lead Physiotherapist.
- 8 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£70|
Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities.
University of Warwick staff? You can use a Warwick Learning Access (WLA) voucher and do a course for free.
Book your course
|First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Wednesday 17 July 2019||Wednesday 07 Aug 2019||5.30pm - 6.30pm||Book today|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
- Suitable for those who may have attended our 8 week Couch 2 5K course or can comfortably run a continuous 5k
- The course will progress through distance from 5k-10k over the eight weeks.
What you'll learn
- Running techniques such as uphill running, downhill running, tempos and fartlek.
- The correct way to warm up and cool down and other key considerations for injury prevention.
- Recovery strategies for running, including key stretching and rolling tips. Correct running form and technique to maximise potential and reduce the chance of injury
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential and reduce the chance of injury
- How to steadily increase the amount of time spent running up to 10K
Things to know
Where does the course take place?
Meet outside the Sports & Wellness Hub - view on map.
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes. Be sure to dress for the weather.
Should I bring anything?
Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
Should I do any additional running?
You are encouraged to repeat the weekly session, or add additional fitness training, in your own time to increase general fitness levels.