5k to 10k course
A running course designed to gradually work you up to running 10k in 8 weeks.
- Available to anyone able to comfortably run a continuous 5k
- Progress through distances from 5k-10k
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 8 week course, with one session per week
- Add on injury prevention physiotherapy session
|5k to 10k||£35.00|
|Injury prevention session||£35.00|
- Meet outside the Sports and Wellness Hub on the University of Warwick campus, view on map.
- Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes. Remember to dress for the weather.
- Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
- You are encouraged to repeat the weekly session, or add additional fitness training, in your own time to increase general fitness levels.
- Suitable for those who may have attended our 8 week Couch 2 5K course or can comfortably run a continuous 5k
- The course will progress through distance from 5k-10k over the eight weeks.
What you'll learn
5k to 10k
- Running techniques such as uphill running, downhill running, tempos and fartlek.
- The correct way to warm up and cool down and other key considerations for injury prevention.
- Recovery strategies for running, including key stretching and rolling tips. Correct running form and technique to maximise potential and reduce the chance of injury
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential and reduce the chance of injury
- How to steadily increase the amount of time spent running up to 10k
Injury prevention session
- Warm up and running drills
- Key considerations for injury prevention
- Recovery strategies for running including key stretching and foam-rolling tips
|Day||First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|5k to 10k||Wednesday||21 October 2020||10 December 2020||5.30pm - 6.30pm||
|Injury prevention session||tbc||tbc||tbc||tbc|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Email warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk