noun a game with rackets in which a shuttlecock is hit back and forth across a net.
- Available to all
- 8 week courses for beginner and improver levels
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Use of the courts, rackets and balls
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and indoor or white soled trainers
- Make sure you bring a drink along
- You can use your own racquet if you have one
- Someone who's never picked up a badminton racket before to anyone looking to review the techniques and tactics required to play
- If you've played but have trouble maintaining a rally or want help hitting the shuttle where you want to
- Those looking to learn how to play, review techniques and tactics or improve their skills
What you'll learn:
- The basic techniques of serving and net shots, including forehand and backhand
- Hitting three overhead shots
- Defence techniques
- How to hit different shots from front and backcourts
- Tactics and defence techniques for match play
When and where?
Thursday 18 October - Thursday 6 December 2018
- Every Thursday 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Eight weeks, with one session per week
- Main Hall, Sports Centre (view on map)
What does it cost?
|8 week course|
|University of Warwick staff||One WLA voucher|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.