For anyone who's never picked up a badminton racket before to anyone looking to review the techniques and tactics required to play.
- Available to all
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 8 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£40.00|
Course price includes use of the courts, rackets and balls and access to showers and changing facilities.
University of Warwick staff? You can use a Warwick Learning Access (WLA) voucher and do a course for free.
Book your course
|First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Thursday 9 May 2019||Thursday 27 June 2019||6.00pm - 7.00pm||Book today|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
- If you've played but have trouble maintaining a rally or want help hitting the shuttle where you want to
- Those looking to learn how to play, review techniques and tactics or improve their skills
What you'll learn
- The basic techniques of serving and net shots, including forehand and backhand
- Hitting three overhead shots
- Defence techniques
- How to hit different shots from the forecourt and rearcourt
- Tactics and defence techniques for match play
Things to know
Where will the course take place?
Arena Zone C, Sports and Wellness Hub - view on map.
What should I wear?
Wear loose comfortable clothing and indoor or white soled trainers.
Do I need to bring a racquet?
You will be given a racquet to use, but you can use your own racquet if you have one.
Should I bring anything?
Make sure to bring a drink along with you.