Learn how to climb or improve technique with climbing courses. We help anyone regardless of your initial ability on the wall.
- Available to all (must be aged over 18)
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 4 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£42.00|
University of Warwick staff? You can use a Warwick Learning Access (WLA) voucher and do a course for free.
Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities. Flotation devices and support aids available for all sessions.
How do I book?
All climbing courses can be booked online, just find your level below for your booking link.
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
Things to know
Where is the Climbing Centre?
Sports and Wellness Hub - view on map.
What should I wear?
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows unrestricted movement.
Should I bring anything?
Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
Learn how to get started in the world of climbing. No experience necessary.
What you'll learn:
- Basics of climbing safely including putting on a harness correctly, performing pre-climbing checks and safe practice in the Bouldering Room
- How to descend from a route correctly
- To tie a rethreaded figure of 8 knot and stopper knot
- Using a friction Belay device to be able to catch a falling climber
Book your course
|Level||First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Beginners||Monday 6 May 2019||Monday 27 May 2019||5.45pm - 6.45pm||Book today|
|Beginners||Monday 6 May 2019||Monday 27 May 2019||7.00pm - 8.00pm||Book today|
|Beginners||Wednesday 8 May 2019||Wednesday 29 May 2019||3.30pm - 4.30pm||Book today|
|Beginners||Wednesday 8 May 2019||Wednesday 29 May 2019||4.45pm - 5.45pm||Book today|
|Beginners||Friday 10 May 2019||Friday 31 May 2019||5.45pm - 6.45pm||Book today|
|Beginners||Friday 10 May 2019||Friday 31 May 2019||7.00pm - 8.00pm||Book today|
Take your climbing up a level. You must have a 'Green' competency card which should be provided before the sessions start.
What you'll learn
- How to improve your overall climbing ability
- Learn a wide range of climbing techniques, movement skills and training exercises
- Undertake different challenges and tasks throughout the course