Couch to 5k
An eight week course for total running beginners looking to steadily progress to running 5k.
- Available to all
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- 8 week course, with one session per week
|Price per course||£24.00|
University of Warwick staff? You can use a Warwick Learning Access (WLA) voucher and do a course for free.
Course price includes access to showers and changing facilities.
How do I book?
Courses can be booked online, just find the booking link below.
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
Contact warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
Things to know
Where do we meet?
Outside the main Sports Centre on the University of Warwick campus, view on map.
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes. Remeber to dress for the weather.
Should I bring anything?
Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
Couch to 5k course
What you'll learn:
- The correct way to warm up and cool down to reduce the chance of injury
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential
- Steadily increase the amount of time you spend running to 30 minutes
- Chance to take part in a local parkrun with the running leader and fellow runners
- You'll be encouraged to repeat the weekly session or add addititonal fitness training in your own time to increase your general fitness levels
Book your course
|First session||Last session||Time||Book online|
|Wednesday 23 January 2019||Wednesday 14 March 2019||5.15pm - 6.15pm||Book today|