squash [skwosh, skwawsh]
noun a game in which two players use rackets to hit a small, soft rubber ball against the walls of a closed court.
- Available to all
- 4 or 8 week course
- Reduced prices for members (become a member)
Is equipment provided?
All sessions of your course include:
- Instructor led learning from experienced coaches
- Use of the courts, rackets and balls
- Access to showers and other facilities
What should I bring?
To get the most from your course:
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and indoor or white soled trainers
- Make sure you bring a drink along
- You can use your own racquet if you have one
- Ability level for those who have played before at a recreational level or have attended the previous beginners squash course at the university
- Anyone wanting more direction on how to play and improve their game
- Those looking to become more aware and well-rounded players
What you'll learn:
- Basic shots, tactics, techniques, rules and etiquette and how to play under pressure
- What you are trying to do and how to go about doing it - building confidence to play your own games
- How to improve your game as well as tactics and techniques so you're aware of how to win singles and doubles games
When and when?
Tuesday 14 August - Tuesday 4 September 2018
- Four weeks, with one session per week
- Every Tuesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Squash courts, Sports Centre (view on map)
What does it cost?
|4 week course|
|University of Warwick staff||One WLA voucher|
How do I book?
Book your place online in advance or by visiting the Sports Centre.