Warwick This Girl Can
The woman who cycles to work to clear her mind, the woman who uses exercise to benefit her health or the woman who runs to escape and explore.
Warwick This Girl Can celebrates the active lives of women on campus. Funded by BUCS and Sport England, it aims to set a new tone for female participation on campus.
Staff and students of all ages are encouraged to get active and put their health first.
The only person stopping you is yourself
Warwick This Girl Can gets real women active in many different ways. They are students, staff members, and local people.
Find out about their stories and the different ways they look after their health and wellbeing through activity.
This Girl Can
Sports England This Girl Can campaign sets to help women overcome the fear of judgement that is stopping too many women and girls from getting active.
Inspired by the campaign, we want to inspire and motivate females to get active and spend quality time with friends or on their own, empowering them to make their own health and wellbeing a priority.
Choose to be more involved
We aim to offer a wide variety of activities to support female participation in sport. You'll find female-only swim, football programmes for various age groups and training and mentoring support for careers in sport.
- Nip into the pool during our dedicated women-only times - every Friday 2 pm - 4 pm
- Box yourself fit and enjoy the outdoors with Outdoor Fit Box-Fit
- Learn or improve your swimming skills in female-only swim sessions
- Feel refreshed and energised after a lunchtime group walk
- Release your energy with Ladies Boxing
- Cycle safely and confidently with BREEZE
- Self defense courses to learn how to defend yourself
- Be part of our social media community with #warwickthisgirlcan
Choose to have an impact
If I have the chance to create an accessible environment that breaks down gender barriers, promotes women’s health and fosters positive relationships, then I’ll definitely take it.
Daniella studies Medicine at Warwick Medical School and is part of the Medics Women's Football Club. She has been a football activator for two years.
Want to find out more about giving back? Become a volunteer with Warwick Sport.