Track how far you run/walk, swim and cycle over two weeks to earn points and win prizes.
- Enter as an individual or a team
- Free to participate, no membership needed
- Challenge yourself, get active and have fun
- For exercise enthusiasts or those just needing a bit of motivation
Date | Location | Cost
|Start date||End date||Location||Cost|
|TRI-Grid Challenge||Monday 21 January 2019||Sunday 3 Feburary 2019||Anywhere||FREE|
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about this event, please get in touch.
Contact warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk
Contact +44 (0)24 7652 3011
How to participate
- Choose your ability level
- Enter online as an individual or a team
- Get out there and run/walk, cycle and swim
- Record all your activity
- Around the Block
People who are mostly new to, or don't regularly run, swim or cycle. Up to 1 in 4 members of your team can identify as Around the World level.
- Around the World
For mostly experienced runners, swimmers or cyclists who train regularly.
Recording your activity
- Download the Mywellness Technogym App or create a desktop account
- Link your wearable tech and/or any fitness apps you use (Fitbit, Garmin, STRAVA etc.). If you do not use any of these, you can self-declare your activity through the challenge page.
- Find the ‘University of Warwick’ Club.
- You must be on campus to do this
- Please check your phone app setting to ensure ‘Use my location’ is turned on for the Mywellness app.
- If you cannot find the club, email warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk using the email address you signed up with and they will manually be able to add you.
- Click on the Tri Grid Challenges
- You will need to join all three challenges (running, swimming and cycling)
- For the Running and Cycling challenges your activity will automatically be pulled through but you can still self-declare. For the swimming challenge you will need to self-declare all activities.
- Select your team
- Click join the challenge
Earn 10 bonus points by joining us for a group run.
|Monday 28 January||12.30pm - 1.00pm||Piazza|
|Number of points|
|Run or walk 1km||1|
|Run/walk, swim and cycle at some point during the challenge. This does not have to be in one go.||5|
|Attend a group run
Points only awarded once during the challenge.
Track your progress
Check how you or your team are doing:
Frequently asked questions
Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the TRI-Grid Challenge.
When does the challenge start and finish?
The challenge starts at 00.01am on Monday 21 January 2019 and officially finishes at 23:59pm on Sunday 3 Feburary 2019.
What activity can I submit?
If you are using wearable tech or a fitness app to track your activity, the challenge will know to only pull through activity that is allowed.
Tracked walks will still count in the running challenge.
Are there any rules for manually entering activity?
If you are manually entering activity running includes walking and jogging, both indoors and outdoors.
Cycling includes outdoor and indoor cycling, but does not include spinbikes. All swims, both indoor or outdoor, must be entered manually as rowing.
Does exercise as part of another activity count?
The purpose of the activity must be to run/walk, swim or cycle. Any of these that happen as part of another sport, for example running around a football pitch, does not count.
Please note: this challenge is about encouraging all people to get active. Any action deemed against this inclusive ethos may result in disqualification. Please be conscious of your own and others' safety when taking part in the challenge. Adhere to the Green Cross Code when near roads and wear suitable and visible clothing and footwear.