The Club Development Fund is funded through the club development programme. The grants are intended to help clubs long-term improvement as part of a club development plan. These grants are ‘one-off’ contributions to support projects and developments that would otherwise be unobtainable for clubs.
Applications must be targeted on one specific development or project within the sports club. The target should be related to the development of the club in any of the following categories; competition, participation or the clubs impact on the community (both within and outside the university). Projects can also cover mutliple cateogories.
Applications may be made for sums up to a maximum of £1,000. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply only for the minimum level of funding they need to carry out the project, rather than to automatically apply for the maximum potentially available. Applications where clubs or members are willing to contribute some funding will be considered favourably.
Applications can be submitted any time between the opening and closing dates of each term, but are limited to one per club and must be linked to an area outlined within your club development plan. Clubs will be notified if they have been successful or not within a month of the closing date; unless extra information to support your application is requested. Therefore it is important that clear timescales are put in place for developments and contingency plans are in place in case applications are unsuccessful.
Where projects or developments are long term (i.e. more than 1 year) clubs should show evidence of a sustainable plan as funding will not be awarded through the club development fund for continuous years.
Please note that funding decisions are at the discretion of the Club Development Fund panel and not all applicants will receive the funding they have applied for. In some cases clubs may be awarded a partial grant where appropriate.
Grants will not be awarded in the following circumstances:
- When a club does not have a club development plan in place
- When the project or development is not included within the clubs development plan
- When an application has already been accepted for the same purpose in the last 2 academic years
- To support the use of external facilities except in circumstances where Warwick Sport cannot provide appropriate facilities
- On the basis of a continuing commitment or to areas of activity for which earlier sources of funding have been withdrawn or reduced
- To support protest activities or activities with a political or religious agenda
- To support activities that solely benefit other charities, rather than benefiting Warwick and/or the students directly involved in the project
- To support activities where the costs covered by the grant will later be recovered through tickets or other income
- Retrospectively in any circumstances and it is therefore vital that applications are made well in advance, indicating a clear schedule
- Where projects or developments are long term (i.e. more than 1 year) and clubs have not shown evidence of a sustainable funding plan
Applications can be submitted any time between the opening date and closing date in each term. Funding does not have to be spent within the term but will have to be spent within the current academic year. Applications should be submitted, at the latest, by 16:00 on the appropriate closing date. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that forms are submitted in good time.
All application deadlines occur before the start of the related term. The application opening and closing dates are positioned such that successful clubs can receive their funding by the start of each term, although this cannot be 100% guaranteed for every successful club: -
Closing Date (16:00 Deadline)
|1||Monday 27 August 2018||Friday 7 September 2018|
|2||Monday 26 November 2018||Friday 7 December 2018|
|3||Not opened in Term 3 - Capital Bids may be opened dependant on funding|
How do I apply?
You can apply online: applications will only be accepted if made on the appropriate form in accordance with the stated regulations and if all relevant information has been supplied.
The amount requested should be no greater than £1000 and should not exceed the total expenditure costs MINUS the total of any known income coming into the project including existing budget allocation, fundraising initiatives, other funding applications and personal contributions (please indicate contribution per head as well as the total of all personal contributions). You will also be asked to include a detailed breakdown of the expenditure of your project i.e. exactly what the funding would be spent on. In your financial information you should also indicate why the project cannot be funded by current club finances. Only applications which show evidence of diligent planning and preparation will be considered.
Successful applicants will be asked to sign an agreement and will be responsible for ensuring that the following conditions are adhered to:
- That the funding awarded by the Club Development Fund will be used only for the purpose stated.
- That the funding will be used for the purpose stated by 30th June or returned to Warwick Sport on or before 1st July, 2019.
- That any underspend will be returned to Warwick Sport on or before 1st July, 2019 - this will be done automatically if the funding remains unspent.
- That if the initial budget (as detailed in the application) for the project or development materially changes, I/we will inform the club development officer in writing immediately. Please note this includes changes to both income and expenditure of the project.
- That I/we will provide a report (using the report form page) no later than one month after the project ends (1st July at the latest) to include a detailed breakdown of the total costs of the project and other sources of funding, including personal contributions. This report will also include copies of all receipts relating to expenditure for the project.
- That if no report is received on or before 1st July, 2019, the funding will be returned in full and without delay.
- That if no report is received, the matter will be referred to the Sports Officer who was a member of the decision panel or the present incumbent of their post.
- That if any club fails to honour an agreement when in receipt of an award, that club will not be allowed to apply to the Club Development Fund in the following academic year.