Activators are our workforce of special volunteers who encourage everyone to get active, every day.
As an Activator you support casual, inclusive and beginner friendly sports and activity sessions on campus.
Benefits of being an Activator
- Earn rewards the more you do:
- 50% discount on Warwick Sport memberships (not including student club pass)
- Free Activator kit
- Coaching qualification opportunities
- Increase your employability skills and help make your CV stand out from others
- Help to shape the Warwick Active programme and University Sport as a whole
- Gain new skills and training
- Meet new people and keep active
- Make a difference to your University
Interest in becoming an Activator? Decide on how you'd like to be involved and apply to be an Activator.
Log your hours
After each session you run we will need you to log your hours. You can earn incentives back through the hours you log.
Got a question?
You might find the answer in our frequently asked questions, or if not get in touch.
warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk
What type of Activator are you?
Rock Up & Play
- Plan your session and set up any equipment
- Run the activities taking place
- You will be responsible for registering participants
- Make everyone feel welcomed and involved
- Help create and be responsible for your own league
- Main organiser and league support positions
- Help arrange fixtures
- Communicate information to captains
- Support the staff on the Active team as we pop-up at locations around campus
- Join in with the sports and engage passers-by
- Talk about the wider Warwick Sport programme
- Help out at times that suit you - regular commitment isn't essential
Running & Walking
- Plan your route and lead a weekly run or walk
- Take into account health and safety precautions
- Be responsible for greeting participants and making sure they feel welcome
- Wide variety of tasks depending on which events you support
- Help set up and take down events and registering participants
- Help run events - you might see yourself dress up as a Zombie or bouncing around in a Bubble Football
"Active Campus" Champion
- Spread the word about what we are doing and our active vision
- Be an advocate of the Warwick Sport programme, particularly supporting with social media
Getting more active
We are always looking to engage more people in sport and activity. If you have an new idea on how we can do just that, get in touch; warwickactive at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Celebrating the achievements and efforts of our amazing volunteers every year.
The work you do as an Activator is crucial to running the wide range of activities across the University of Warwick campus. Each year we celebrate this with a fun and social awards evening.