Due to the success of the Learn to Swim scheme at Warwick Sport, we are now looking to recruit staff to deliver and assist with the lessons on weekends and weekday evenings.
Warwick Sport a have launched a Learn to Swim Scheme, using the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework, to deliver lessons to children of 4 years old upwards.
Job Description – Assistant Teacher
- Assist the Lead Teacher to help deliver effective and safe lessons to children, particularly younger swimmers, and to help create a fun learning experience.
- Able to liaise with family members when needed, and to pass on relevant information to the Lead Teacher to ensure we deliver a great customer service
- Committed to your own personal development and a willingness to attend CPD, and further training.
- Aware of and able to work in an environment which celebrates diversity and equal opportunities, while adhering to Safeguarding, pool operational and Health and Safety procedures.
- Be a positive role model to young people and always maintain good standards of personal presentation and behaviour.
- Punctual and flexible.
- Able to cover for other teaching staff as required.
- Qualified or working towards Swim England Level 1 (or qualified to Level 1 STA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service focused
- Able to assist the Lead Teacher and provide support to swimmers in a challenging and pressured environment.
- Willing to undertake additional training and keep up to date with changes in swimming practices and use knowledge to help deliver a first class learning experience
- It would also be desirable if you have knowledge or experience of children with disabilities, including hearing or sight impairments, or autistic spectrum.
If you feel you have the qualities required for these roles, in the first instance, please contact swim at warwick dot ac dot uk.