Soft binding (also knowns as perfect binding) paperback book binding is great for keeping the cost of your book low - even for low quantities - but retaining a professional high-quality look and feel.
With this binding method, the pages and cover are glued together at the spine with a very strong yet flexible hot glue. As the cover is often longer than the pages or the inner pages are not 100% flush, the three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean "perfect" edges.
- Files accepted: All main formats, incl. PDF, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Rich Text Format, jpg, png (view complete list of files).
- Paper Size: A4 (portrait) as our standard product, other shapes and sizes available on request
- Spine: Soft binding
- Cover: Red, green or blue card board as standard, other options (photo cover) are available on request.
- Cover Material: Heavy Card
- Maximum Page Count: 270 single sided, 540 double sided
- Left hand margin (binding edge) requirement: When designing a soft bound book, please ensure that all important content and text is kept a minimum of 12mm from the bound edge of each page. This would be the left hand side for right hand pages and the right hand side for left hand pages.
- Turnaround: Maximum 3 full working days*
- Nationwide Delivery: Orders placed will be dispatched via reputable companies such as DHL and the Royal Mail.
- Cost: From £5.50
* May be longer during busy periods
It could not be simpler to order: just use our online printing shop 24/7 from anywhere with internet access, so you are not bound by opening hours when you are ready to order. Upload your documents in a variety of formats, accept the default settings (or choose single or double-sided, colour, black and white or mixed printing), confirm the cost, pay by credit card, and you are done!
We then print, bind and deliver your document in as little as 3 working days depending on order volume and location.