Currently focused on applying the Deep Learning and Computer Vision techniques in the field of pathology for detection, segmentation, grading and prognosis of cancer using the information-rich multi-gigapixel digitized pathology images..
PhD University of Warwick, Computer Science June 2019 – 2023
Supervisor: Prof. Nasir Rajpoot
MS SEECS NUST, Computer Science – CGPA: 3.80 Sep 2016 - July 2018
Thesis: “Vehicle Re-Identification using Deep Learning”
Advisor: Dr Muhammad Moazam Fraz
BS UIIT UAAR PMAS, Computer Science – CGPA: 3.75 Sep 2010 - May 2014
FYP: “Bluetooth based chatroom in android”
Honours and Awards
Chancellor’s Scholarship 2019
Awarded chancellor’s scholarship for PhD at University of Warwick
Silver Medal 2015
Scored second highest marks in BS(CS)
Researcher, Applied Computer Vision Lab, SEECS NUST June 2017 – March 2019
- Exploring the ways to improve the accuracy using supervised and unsupervised techniques in the field of object re-identification.
- Design and develop deep learning models/architectures using current state-of-the-art models.
- Evaluating these models extensively on large datasets using different evaluating measures.
- Installation and configuration of servers for machine/deep learning.
Software Engineer, devFactory Aurea, Remote Jan 2018 to July 2018
- Responsible for doing the maintenance of projects.
- Fixing and building the modules and functionality in Java Core, Spring, Hibernate, Angular and Python using Maven and Gradle.
- Implementing tests cases using JUnit and Selenium.
- Building and deploying the changes on Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS.
Software Engineer, Planet Beyond, Blue Area Islamabad Dec 2014 to Mar 2017
- Creating and managing VAS services and Android applications using Java EE.
- Creating the base projects for the new projects with all dependencies.
- Adding/ Modifying new requirements for running projects.
- Optimizing code and improving the overall quality with new technologies and frameworks.
- Creating the deployments for the projects.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Warwick, DCS Sep 2019 to March 2020
- Assisting in lab for Computer Graphics and Computational Biology.
- Preparing labs and assignments for these courses.
- Marking coursework and uploading final marks in tablua.
Visiting Faculty, SEECS, IGIS NUST Jan 2019 to May 2019
Temporary Visiting Faculty (TVF), Computing
- Teaching advanced courses CS-471 4(3-1) Machine Learning and CS-474 3(2-1) Computer Vision to 6th-8th semester
- Conducting Labs for hand on experience of computer vision, machine learning and deep learning.
Applied Computer Vision Lab, SEECS NUST Sep 2017 to Mar 2018
- Advised a final year group for title “Vehicle Re-Identification” implementation using computer vision and deep learning techniques in python for they FYP.
UIIT UAAR PMAS, Rawalpindi Sep 2012 to Mar 2013
Teaching Assistant, Computing
- Taught basic programming (C++) and web courses (HTML, CSS and JS).
- Conduct and grading quizzes.
- Raja Muhammad Saad Bashir, Muhammad Shahzad, Muhammad Moazam Fraz, “VR-PROUD: Vehicle Re-identification using PROgressive Unsupervised Deep architecture” Pattern Recognition, Jan 2019
- Raja Muhammad Saad Bashir, Muhammad Shahzad, Muhammad Moazam Fraz, “DUPL-VR: Deep Unsupervised Progressive Learning for Vehicle Re-Identification”, 13th International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC), 19-21 Nov 2018, Las Vegas, United States.
- Raja Muhammad Saad Bashir, Hanya Mahmood, Muhammad Shaban, Shan e Raza, Muhammad Moazam Fraz, Syed Ali Khurram, and Nasir Rajpoot, “Automated grade classification of oral epithelial dysplasia using morphometric analysis of histology images”. In Medical Imaging 2020: Digital Pathology (Vol. 11320, p. 1132011).