Tel: +44 1491 692443
Website : abiophd
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology,
I am a PhD student on a NERC CASE studentship with the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International, Warwick University and industrial partner with BASF SE. My project involves investigating the interactions of entomopathogenic fungi with other biological and chemical pest control agents used against the greenhouse whitefly on greenhouse crops. I will investigate the how these interactions can be altered based on their application and the abiotic conditions in which they are used.
My PhD began in September 2017 and aims to be completed by September 2021.
Please visit my website throughout my PhD for blog posts on training, conferences and other experiences. abiophd
- Student representative at CEH (2018-2019)
- SSLC PGR Symposium organising committee member (2017-2018)
I am a STEM ambassador and member of the CEH PhD student public engagement group.
- Didcot Aureus Academy Speed networking event. 70 students aged 11 and 12 years old were split into small groups and circulated between stations holding 1 of 15 STEM professionals. Students had 5 minutes with each ambassador.
- CEH & Wallingford Brownies. An evening talking about micro-plastics and our environment with girls >10.
- October 2019: Inspiring science students of Warriner School, North Oxfordshire.
- Microbial pest control
- Insect Pathology
- Integrated Pest Management