Postgraduate Researcher, The University of Warwick.
Research Area: Applications of Deep Learning and Computer Vision techniques in the field of computational histopathology, for the tasks of detection, segmentation, grading, and synthesis of information-rich multi-gigapixel digitized pathology images.
1. Ph.D. The University of Warwick
Supervisor: Prof. Nasir Rajpoot
Co-supervisor: Dr. Fayyaz Minhas
2. MTech Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Supervisor: Prof. Soumen Chakrabarti
3. BTech Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur
Supervisor: Prof P S Deshpande
Microsoft Corp. Role: Data Scientist
- Implemented new deep learning techniques for Bing Ads retrieval and landed models based on them
in UK, IN, and AU markets.
- Innovated new techniques for ad hoc Ads Retrieval and to improve the quality of retrieved ads.
- Played a vital role in upgrading the infrastructure of the Bing Ads retrieval system.
- My research work (on the latest information retrieval techniques) got selected for presentation in the
AMpere-2019 (internal Microsoft conference held in Seattle).
- Worked in the Small and Medium Businesses team whose discipline comes under Office 365.
Created the back end APIs for the product using the .NET framework.
Thakare, Atul & Deshpande, Srijay & Kshirsagar, Amit & Deshpande, Parag. (2019). Mining Query Plans for Finding Candidate Queries and Sub-Queries for Materialized Views in BI Systems Without Cube Generation. Computing and Informatics. 38. 473-496. 10.31577/cai_2019_2_473.
- Deshpande S., Minhas F., Rajpoot N. (2020) Train Small, Generate Big: Synthesis of Colorectal Cancer Histology Images. In: Burgos N., Svoboda D., Wolterink J.M., Zhao C. (eds) Simulation and Synthesis in Medical Imaging. SASHIMI 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12417. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-59520-3_17
- Alka Bhushan, Umesh Bellur, Kuldeep Sharma, Srijay Deshpande, and Nandlal L. Sarda. 2017. Mining
Swarm Patterns in Sliding Windows over Moving Object Data Streams. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM
SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL’17),
Erik Hoel, Shawn Newsam, Siva Ravada, Roberto Tamassia, and Goce Trajcevski (Eds.). ACM, New York,
NY, USA, Article 60, 4 pages.
- Secured a runner up position in the Hackathon held during the PathLake MasterClasses in London by
showing top performance in the mutation prediction of type M3 in the cell lung cancer histopathology
images. The program “PathLAKE Masterclass: Data Science for Computational Pathology" was held by
Department of Computer Science, the University of Warwick in January 2020 where I participated as a teaching
- Secured AIR 12 among 115425 candidates in GATE-2015 (entrance exam for the postgraduation)
- Ranked in Top 10 among 100+ students in the MTech at IIT-Bombay
- Secured AIR 3005 in AIEEE-2011 out of more than 1.1 million students all over the country
- Ranked 9th in BTech in a batch of 100+ at NIT-Nagpur
- Qualified for ACM-ICPC Amritapuri Regionals Finals and represented NIT-Nagpur at onsite round.
- Awarded BRONZE medal in the week of code contest at Hackerrank