Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Foreign loans

If you are unable to secure a scholarship or grant funding for the cost of your studies at the University of Warwick, you may wish to consider private funding. There are many government or state run schemes available and you should research the options available to you. Please contact your local Education Department or the British Council in your country.

If Government assistance isn't available to you, you may wish to apply for a private education loan. It is very difficult to source funding from UK banks and you will not be able to obtain your Student Visa without demonstrating that you have funds to cover your tuition and living costs.

The University of Warwick accepts many overseas loans for studies for full time degrees. Information on the main loans can be found below. If the information you require isn't listed, please contact the Student Finance Office for further information. Visit their website or contact them via email at  

EU Students
EU students may be eligible for funding through the UK Government to cover tuition fees. Full guidance can be found at 

US Students
To be eligible for a US Federal Loan, you must be a US citizen. All applications must be made via FAFSA. The University's school code is G08380. Full information on making your application can be found here

Canadian Students
Canadian students can apply via the federal programme, Canadian Student Loans Program. Our Educational Institution code is PUCP. If you require asistance in completing the forms, please contact our Student Finance Team at 

Indian Students
Indian students applying via a Indian bank loan are asked to contact the Student Finance Team as soon as they are aware they will be financing their studies this way.