EEA Nationals continuing study at Warwick: Important Updates
The EU Settlement Scheme Deadline is 30 June 2021 - Act Now to protect your immigration status if you haven't already.
If you haven't applied for the EUSS yet, and are eligible, or not sure if you are eligible:
- Refer to the government's information, and the university's information on the EU Settlement Scheme, and contact the Immigration Service if you are unsure of your eligibility. It is possible to apply from inside or outside of the UK.
- The UKVI have recently updated their coronavirus concession guidance. Some people will still be able to apply even if they have been absent from the UK for longer than 6 months for an important reason. See our FAQ for more details.
- If eligible, you must make your application by 30 June 2021.
If you are not eligible for status under the EU Settlement Scheme:
- You will require a visa to come to the UK and continue your studies. If you are studying a full-time course longer than 6 months, you can apply for a student visa. To obtain a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) for this purpose, contact:
- email@example.com if you are on an undergraduate course which started in 2020 or 2021
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you are on a postgraduate course which started in 2020 or 2021
- The Immigration Service if you are on a course which started before 2020
- You will not be able to enter the UK using an EU, EEA or Swiss National ID Card from 1 October 2021. You must use a passport instead.
- If you enter the UK without obtaining a visa in advance, or you obtain a visa and enter the UK before its start date, you will be classed as a visitor. You cannot study on a course of 6 months or more as a visitor, therefore, if this applies to you, you may be withdrawn from your course until you have obtained appropriate immigration permission and exited/re-entered the UK.
If you have been granted Pre-Settled or Settled Status:
- If you are intending to enter the UK using a passport or national ID document that was not included on your EUSS application (e.g., because you have obtained a new passport), you must update this information on your Digital Status Portal before travelling to facilitate your re-entry to the UK.