Skip to main content Skip to navigation

News & Updates

Show all news items

EEA Nationals continuing study at Warwick: Important Updates

The EU Settlement Scheme Deadline is 30 June 2021 - Act Now to protect your immigration status if you haven't already.

If you haven't applied for the EUSS yet, and are eligible, or not sure if you are eligible:

If you are not eligible for status under the EU Settlement Scheme:

  • You will require a visa to come to the UK and continue your studies. If you are studying a full-time course longer than 6 months, you can apply for a student visa. To obtain a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) for this purpose, contact:
    - if you are on an undergraduate course which started in 2020 or 2021
    - if you are on a postgraduate course which started in 2020 or 2021
    - The Immigration Service if you are on a course which started before 2020
  • You will not be able to enter the UK using an EU, EEA or Swiss National ID Card from 1 October 2021. You must use a passport instead.
  • If you enter the UK without obtaining a visa in advance, or you obtain a visa and enter the UK before its start date, you will be classed as a visitor. You cannot study on a course of 6 months or more as a visitor, therefore, if this applies to you, you may be withdrawn from your course until you have obtained appropriate immigration permission and exited/re-entered the UK.

If you have been granted Pre-Settled or Settled Status:

  • If you are intending to enter the UK using a passport or national ID document that was not included on your EUSS application (e.g., because you have obtained a new passport), you must update this information on your Digital Status Portal before travelling to facilitate your re-entry to the UK.
Mon 14 Jun 2021, 13:09 | Tags: Immigration Advice