If you are currently outside of the UK and require a CAS:
This page is for students who are in the UK and intend to make a Student visa application in the UK.
Therefore, please see the guidance on the following link if you are outside of the UK and require a CAS:
If you are in the UK, and require a CAS for a Student visa application made in the UK, please ensure your read all the guidance below BEFORE you submit the form below.
What is this form for:
This form is to enable continuing students, that is, currently enrolled students, who are physically in the UK, to request a CAS to enable them to make an application under the Student Visa Route of the Immigration Rules due to the following reasons:
If your course is ATAS registered:
You must apply for and receive your ATAS before you can apply for a Student Visa.
Please see the guidance on the following link:
Help with a Student Visa application
If you are confident that you understand the requirements of a Student Visa application and can make this application by yourself, submit the CAS request now and attach the required evidence.
We will issue a CAS once we have received the form and checked the evidence.
If you do not feel confident that you can make your Student visa application by yourself, you can still submit this form but please also book a 15-minute Helpdesk Appointment with an adviser.
If your Student Record shows that you are in debt with with the University:
Please contact Student Finance to resolve your Student Account, as we cannot issue a CAS if your Student Record indicated that you are in debt to the University.
What happens after you submit the request
- Student immigration are only able to issue a CAS to students who are:
- pursuing a full time course, and
- have not completed all the academic requirements (i.e., you still have work to submit or exams to resit), and
- meet all other eligibility requirements for receiving a CAS.
- We aim to send your CAS template for you to check your personal/course details within 5 working days of the request being submitted.
- Once you confirm your personal/course details are correct, we will send your CAS to you by email within 1-3 working days.
- If there is a delay in processing your CAS, or, if we are unable to issue a CAS, we will email to let you know.
- If, after reading the information above, you are unsure if you need to submit this form, please contact the Student Immigration using the following link: