Skip to main content Skip to navigation

CAS request for students in the UK

If you are currently outside of the UK and require a CAS:

This page is for students who are in the UK and intend to make a Student visa application in the UK.

Therefore, please see the guidance on the following link if you are outside of the UK and require a CAS:

Warwick | Student immigration | I am a Student | Student Visa Route | CAS

If you are in the UK, and require a CAS for a Student visa application made in the UK, please ensure your read all the guidance below BEFORE you submit the form below.

What is this form for:

This form is to enable continuing students, that is, currently enrolled students, who are physically in the UK, to request a CAS to enable them to make an application under the Student Visa Route of the Immigration Rules due to the following reasons:

    If your course is ATAS registered:

    You must apply for and receive your ATAS before you can apply for a Student Visa.

    Please see the guidance on the following link:

    Warwick | Student immigration | I am a Student | Student Visa Route | ATAS

    Help with a Student Visa application

    If you are confident that you understand the requirements of a Student Visa application and can make this application by yourself, submit the CAS request now and attach the required evidence.

    We will issue a CAS once we have received the form and checked the evidence.

    If you do not feel confident that you can make your Student visa application by yourself, you can still submit this form but please also book a 15-minute Helpdesk Appointment with an adviser.

    Warwick | Student immigration | Connect with us | Helpdesk Appointment

    If your Student Record shows that you are in debt with with the University:

    Please contact Student Finance to resolve your Student Account, as we cannot issue a CAS if your Student Record indicated that you are in debt to the University.

    Warwick | Student Administrative Services | Student Finance | Contact Us

    What happens after you submit the request

    • Student immigration are only able to issue a CAS to students who are:
      • pursuing a full time course, and
      • have not completed all the academic requirements (i.e., you still have work to submit or exams to resit), and
      • meet all other eligibility requirements for receiving a CAS.

    • We aim to send your CAS template for you to check your personal/course details within 5 working days of the request being submitted.
      • Once you confirm your personal/course details are correct, we will send your CAS to you by email within 1-3 working days.

    • If there is a delay in processing your CAS, or, if we are unable to issue a CAS, we will email to let you know.

    • If, after reading the information above, you are unsure if you need to submit this form, please contact the Student Immigration using the following link:

    Warwick | Student Immigration | Contact Us.




      If you are sitting/resitting exams, please provide in the space below:

      1) Which module(s) you need to sit/resit

      2) The dates of your exams (if known)

      3) The dates of the exam board (if known)


      Time limit for studying in the UK - for undergraduate students only

      For further information on this please visit this webpage:

      Please answer the following questions to provide us with the required information.

      Do NOT include information about your current course at the University of Warwick because we already have this information.




      1) If you have a new passport, please upload a copy of the data page;

      2) If you have been granted student visa(s) before you joined Warwick (Undergraduate students only), please upload a scanned copy of your previous visa;

      3) If your course requires ATAS clearance, attach your ATAS certificate;

      4) If you are in receipt of funding from the University of Warwick, attach your award letter;

      5) If you have not been a UK resident for the last 12 months (with no absence of more than 3 months), and you are NOT a low risk national (meaning you are required to submit financial evidence when you apply for your visa), you may wish to attach the financial evidence you intend to use in your visa application so that an International Student Adviser can check for you (this is a free, optional service). Please include this even if you have not held the funds for 28 days. 

      You can attach a maximum of 10 documents.

      Attach file
      No files are currently attached.
      Privacy notice

      The University of Warwick will process your personal data as collected within this electronic form for the purpose(s) stated above. The legal basis for processing this personal data is: Legal obligation regarding compliance with our legislative requirements or the performance of the contract you hold with the University of Warwick. Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any third parties external to the University of Warwick except that stated in the Privacy Statement: Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EEA, will be kept securely by the University of Warwick and will be retained in accordance with the Records Retention Schedule. The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of this information and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. Please visit the University’s Data Protection webpages for further information in relation to your rights and how the University processes your personal data: The University’s Data Protection Officer, A Bajaj, can be contacted through and any requests or complaints should be made in writing to the University’s Data Protection Officer.

      The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. If you wish to submit a data subjects rights request, make a complaint or report a suspected personal data breach, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer by email at

      Spam prevention

      Failure to load reCAPTCHA

      reCAPTCHA is a utility used to verify you're not a robot filling out this form. Unfortunately this has failed to load correctly.

      Please try reloading the page. If the problem persists, or if you are in a country which blocks Google products, please contact us by using the ‘page contact’ link at the foot of this page.