The University of Warwick provides opportunities for individual appointments, held over Skype, Whatsapp, Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Invitations to these will usually be sent via email, directly to the email that you have provided to receive information from the University of Warwick. We may also provide a form directly to you, if you have enquired directly to one of our Regional email addresses.
Who will I be chatting with?
You will receive an email letting you know who your appointment will be with. They will include information including their name, job title and email address.
How long are appointments for?
All appointments will typically be between 15-25 minutes.
What information do I need to provide?
You are welcome to share any information about yourself or your academic background/aspirations as you feel comfortable with. The Officer or Representative would be able to provide you with the information and advice based on the information provided.
Is booking an appointment mandatory? Will this affect my application to Warwick?
Appointments for individual counselling are completely optional and you are not required to attend or book. All appointments are informal and confidential, and in no way influence the outcome of any application that you have submitted or may submit in the future.
What if I have a follow up question?
If you have any questions after you appointment, you are welcome to contact the Officer or Representative directly on the email address provided, or you can contact the Regional email address for your country of residence.
I am under 18, can I make an appointment?
If you are under 18, you are welcome to meet with an Officer or Representative online. We encourage you to let your parents or guardians know. Your parent or guardian is welcome to attend your appointment.
I am under 16, can I make an appointment?
If you are under 16, you are welcome to meet with an Officer or Representative online, but we do ask you to seek the permission of your parents or guardians before making your appointment. Your parent or guardian is encouraged to attend your appointment, and we do ask that you please provide an email contact for them when making your appointment. If you would like to discuss this further, you are welcome to contact your Regional email address for further guidance.
Guidelines for Individual Counselling appointments
Everyone who takes part in our individual counselling appointments should adhere to the rules listed below and follow our guidelines for online safeguarding.
- All users should be over the age of 16 to use and engage in your appointment. If you are under the age of 16, please ensure that you have your parents' or guardians' permission before registering.
- We encourage your parents / guardians to sit in on your appointment if you are under 18.
- Don't defame anyone or any organisation.
- Don't post anything that could be considered intolerant of a person's race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age.
- All users will use appropriate and non-offensive language at all times. Disguising swear words by deliberately misspelling them doesn't make them any less offensive.
- Don't post or link to any inappropriate, offensive or illegal material.
- Don't post any advertisements.
- Don’t promote self-harm, suicide, violence or criminal activity of any kind.
- The use of emoji’s or images to convey inappropriate meaning consistent with the rules outlined above will also be moderated.
You can find more information the University of Warwick's Safeguarding Policy here.