The university’s Sustainability Team is relaunching their Student Green Champions NetworkLink opens in a new window, a community of students who recognise and embrace that sustainability is at the heart of their future whatever career path they choose to take as it is becoming more and more important to every aspect of our lives. Being a Green Champion also opens up other opportunities such as to develop transferrable skills, meet like-minded people, see more of campus and the surrounding area, learn more about how the University operates and how decisions are made.
Green Champions can choose from a wide range of activities to participate in - they can raise awareness on energy and water consumption, advocate for sustainable travel options, engage with plastic-free initiatives, promote sustainability in creative and engaging ways to the wider community, and many more activitiesLink opens in a new window, while earning skill points towards their Warwick Award.
This event is a drop-in session with presentations at 1200 and 1230 with an opportunity to hear from and speak to:
- Katherine Mayfield, David Chapman, Evelin Sanderson-Nichols (Sustainability Champions)
- Steven Burke (Skills Developer, Warwick Skills Award)
- Esha Shah & Saskia Wagner (Department of Sociology Green Ambassadors)
- Rex Chiu & Ellen Potts (Litter pick & Hedgehog friendly campus volunteers)
- Priya Chawla & Charity Bellan (Cut the Flow Assistants)
- Faye Palmer (Plastic Free Communities volunteer)
- Warwick Sustainability Challenge: Waste 2023 participants
Join the relaunch event 12-1pm on the 24th of January in OC0.01 (Oculus)!More…