Dr Camilla Audia
Email: Camilla dot Audia at warwick dot ac dot uk
|Tel.: +44(0) 24765 75257|
|Room: R3.33 (Ramphal Building)|
Office Hours (term time):
I grew up across Italy, Senegal and Burkina Faso and after staying in Europe for what felt like a very long time (15 years!) I spent a year in Burkina Faso as part of my PhD research (SOAS, 2018), where I investigated how people were managing land and resources during El Nino and La Nina phenomena. I was a researcher at King's College London for 7 years, working on various project at the Geography department, before joining the University of Warwick in August 2022. Throughout doctoral and post-doctoral research, I engaged with non-academic audiences, local and international NGOs and policy actors in West Africa and the UK.
I examine the relations between climate change, populations, health and sustainable development through the co-production of knowledge. I am interested in using arts-based and embodied methods (photography, film, theatre, role-play, dance...) to tackle 'wicked problems' and challenge traditional dynamics in the society-policy-science nexus.
- Health and Sustainable Development (GD204, GD209 and GD212)
After completing my PhD on land tenure and natural resource management in Burkina Faso, I worked on a DFID-funded resilience to climate extremes project (2015-2017) in Burkina Faso (again!) and Ethiopia, then explored Mossi local knowledge on climate and weather through a NERC fellowship (2017-2018) and decision-making under uncertainty in Senegal on a DFID/NERC-funded project (2018-2019).
More recently, I explored equitable access to health through the Wellcome Trust-funded Pathways to Equitable Healthy Cities project across London, Vancouver, Accra, Tamale and Beijing.
- Audia, C., Berkhout, F., Owusu, G. et al. Loops and Building Blocks: a Knowledge co-Production Framework for Equitable Urban Health. J Urban Health 98, 394–403 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11524-021-00531-4
- Audia C. et al. Decision-Making Heuristics for Managing Climate-Related Risks: Introducing Equity to the FREE Framework. In: Conway D., Vincent K. (eds) Climate Risk in Africa. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-61160-6_4
- Pineo, H., Audia, C., Black, D. et al. Building a Methodological Foundation for Impactful Urban Planetary Health Science. J Urban Health 98, 442–452 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11524-020-00463-5
- McOmber, Audia, Crowley. Building resilience by challenging social norms: integrating a transformative approach within the BRACED consortia. Disasters 43 (2019): S271-S294. https://doi.org/10.1111/disa.12341
- Poole, Audia et al. Tree products, food security and livelihoods: a household study of Burkina Faso, Environmental Conservation, 43(4), pp. 359–367 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892916000175
- Audia, C & Berkhout, F (2020), Linking knowledge development, uptake and use wth action: a literature review: Report for the European Environment Agency.
Audia, C., Poole N., et al. (2016) Access to and utilisation of three tree products in Burkina Faso. Report to FAO, Rome.