In the Global Sustainable Development (GSD) Department, you will be supported by a number of staff members at different stages of your study. On this page, you will find a list of some key contacts in the department related to undergraduate studies. Please find below information about their roles, their email addresses, and links to their profile pages. If you are unsure who to contact, you may want to email Dr Gioia Panzarella (our Director of Student Experience for undergraduate students).
Please be reminded that each GSD student is allocated a personal tutor. They are a staff member in the department and you're welcome to discuss any aspect of your university experience with them - either academic or pastoral. Please do make use of such meetings as they'll be useful for both your academic progression and future plans. Existing students can find more information about the Personal tutor role in the Undergraduate Handbook. You may find out who your personal tutor is on your Tabula profile, under 'Personal tutor'. There will be some scheduled meetings with them throughout the year, but if you need to contact them you may find their contact details on their personal pageLink opens in a new window.
Key undergraduate contacts
GSD Undergraduate Office
UGGSD at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Current students may contact Mike Hart and Sheree Thompson via the email above for issues related to timetabling (for example, clashes), issues with assessment submission, and administrative questions.
- The GSD Office is located in room R3.38 in the Ramphal Building. The Office is open for in-person office hours on Mondays,Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 10 am - 12 pm and 2-4 pm.
Gioia dot Panzarella at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Gioia is a Director of Student Experience for all undergraduate GSD students. Gioia can be contacted for any feedback on your course, including ideas to develop new initiatives.
- Gioia also coordinates the weekly Skills Sessions (for first-yearLink opens in a new window and honours-levelLink opens in a new window students); coordinates the GSD Alumni networkLink opens in a new window; is the academic convenor of the GSD Student-Staff liaison committeeLink opens in a new window; and oversees the GSD Student Mentoring Scheme.
Romain dot Chenet at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Director of Undergraduate Studies: overseeing course regulatory adherence (module approval, student monitoring, etc.), and immigration compliance. Contact for course changes or transfers.
- Adjustment and Disability Officer: working with Wellbeing Support Services and students possessing adjustments.
- Director of Admissions: managing GSD Admissions Strategy, application review team, and outreach events.
- Safeguarding Lead: contactable for any safeguarding queries or concerns.
Chris dot Dolan at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Chris is Director of Ethics. He delivers sessions on Ethics in research for all students in GSDLink opens in a new window. You may want to contact Chris regarding primary data collection if human participants are involved.
Bodrun dot Nahar at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Bodrun is the Employability and Placement Manager in GSD. Bodrun is the point of contact for issues regarding work placements, including the year-long work placementLink opens in a new window.
W dot H dot Rupp at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Will leads on Academic Integrity. He delivers sessions on good academic practice. You may want to contact Will for any issues regarding good academic practice and how to avoid plagiarismLink opens in a new window.