Terms 2 and 3
Not available to students outside the School for Cross-Faculty Studies
To provide students with the opportunity to
- Demonstrate the ability to study abroad for a part-year at a host University approved by the department.
- Experience and gain a deeper understanding of the social and cultural environment of the host city and country.
- Broaden understanding and knowledge of their subject specialism(s).
- Travel abroad and achieve personal development in preparation for employment and global citizenship.
Principal Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module students will have:
- Broadened their knowledge and understanding of their subject specialism(s).
- Developed the qualities and transferable skills necessary for working or studying in another country and in a different academic system.
- Developed enhanced oral and written language skills (in some cases in a language other than English) through the demands of study in a different country.
- Developed transferable skills in sensitivity to diversity in terms of culture and people.
Students will be assessed by the host institution (Monash) according to their normal procedures and will be required to complete the following:
2,000 word reflective learning diary
Two page progress report at the end of each Warwick term
Please note: Module availability and staffing may change year on year depending on availability and other operational factors. The School for Cross-faculty Studies makes no guarantee that any modules will be offered in a particular year, or that they will necessarily be taught by the staff listed on this page.